By using MapleChange, accessing its website or any service provided by MapleChange, you agree to the following terms of service. By continuing to use MapleChange website and its services, you demonstrate that you agree with our terms and conditions.
Throughout the following terms of service, MapleChange may be referred to as “us,” “our,” “we,” “the website,” and “MapleChange” interchangeably. Users of MapleChange include but are not limited to any registered member, as well as any visitor who accesses this website in any form whatsoever. Whilst referring to cryptocurrency, we may use this terminology (or any of its derivatives) to refer to any form of digital currency including, but not limited to Bitcoin and Ethereum.
By opening an account or accessing MapleChange’s website, you agree to the following terms.
1.1. These policies are prone to change at any instance in time. It is your responsibility to regularly review our policies here on MapleChange.
2. You are at least 18 years of age, or the age of maturity in your country.
3. You accept that any cryptocurrency purchased or deposited on MapleChange is subject to uncertainty. Due to the volatility of digital currencies, you assume all risk.
3.1. You acknowledge that purchasing Bitcoin (or any of its derivatives offered by us) involves a risk, and you will not hold MapleChange accountable for any gains or losses which incur as a result.
3.2. In no circumstance shall MapleChange be held responsible for any loss that may incur.
4. MapleChange does not provide, offer or exchange securities, investment contracts or any form of financial instrument that may be considered by law to be a “security.”
5. MapleChange provides a marketplace to purchase and sell cryptocurrencies. While we strive to ensure the marketplace is both fair, and free, we cannot be held accountable should any form of “market manipulation” occur, whether it be within the MapleChange’s marketplace or in the cryptocurrency overall market as a whole.
5.1. Users agree and accept that cryptocurrencies are oftentimes unpredictable and experience swings due to a variety of reasons; such as government interference, market conditions and/or speculation.
5.2. MapleChange does not set any of its cryptocurrencies’ market price in any way shape or form. The price of the units traded on MapleChange are a direct result of the buy and sell orders placed by users.
5.3. Any trading decision based on information provided by MapleChange shall be the responsibility of the user alone. MapleChange assumes no responsibility for any action that is taken in the course of using MapleChange's Website or its API.
6. Market information on MapleChange is not delayed. In the event of a network outage or situation of similar manner, users acknowledge that MapleChange bears no responsibility for any delays.
7. As a user of MapleChange and any of its service(s), you acknowledge that MapleChange bears no responsibility for any losses that you incur as a direct or indirect result of the website or any of our service(s).
7.1. MapleChange is not a bank, therefore it is not protected by The Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC). Fundings, whether they be in a national currency or digital cryptocurrency are not protected by any government insurance policy.
7.2. MapleChange is NOT a financial institution, bank, credit union, trust, or deposit business. We DO NOT take Deposits. We exist solely for the purposes of buying and selling cryptocurrencies.
8. It is the user’s responsibility to secure his or her MapleChange account. Any loss that occurs as a result of negligent security practices, whether it be on the part of the user, or MapleChange. This will not be the responsibility of MapleChange, its associates or any of its employees.
8.1. It is your responsibility to guard your password. Sharing your password with a third party constitutes a breach of this contract.
8.2. The MapleChange website and any related service(s) is provided “as is.” We make no warranties, expressed or implied.
9. The content and service(s) provided by MapleChange are for informational purposes only and are not intended to provide legal, financial, tax, accounting or investment advice. We assume no liability for any information provided by our employees or affiliates, regardless of its accuracy. Any action taken by a user is their decision, and the user will absolve MapleChange of any liability for any outcome that may occur.
10. MapleChange is based in Alberta, Canada. We comply with all the local laws. It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that they are in compliance with their local laws.
10.1. Any user that is found to be breaking any law that within their local jurisdiction of residency or nationality by using any service provided by MapleChange, shall be liable for any damages incurred by MapleChange as a result. The user also agrees to forfeit any assets within their MapleChange account, at the discretion of MapleChange or its employees.
10.2. If buying and selling cryptocurrency is not legal in your country, DO NOT use MapleChange. Failure to comply with local laws may result in the loss of your account and any assets it pertains.
10.3. In the event MapleChange or its affiliates face legal action as a result of your actions, you agree to cover any damages, including legal fees, that MapleChange incurs as a result.
11. You agree not to copy any information from MapleChange’s website, without our explicit permission, with the exception of the publicly available figures as found in our order book.
12. In no event shall MapleChange or its associates, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable for any damages, including damage for loss of data or profit, arising out of the use of the service(s) or material(s) provided by MapleChange, even if MapleChange is in any way negligent.
13. You attest that you are not a criminal, are not associated with any criminal activity, that all funds that are sent to MapleChange are free from any criminal association, are not proceedings of crime, and are not derived from any criminal activity.
14. MapleChange reserves the right to modify, add or remove any article from these terms, at any time, and at our sole discretion, without any prior notice or notification of these changes.
15. If you decide to list a cryptocurrency and/or any other service on MapleChange or any of its subsidiaries, you therefore agree to the following:
15.1. The listing fee(s) for any cryptocurrency and/or service are nonrefundable. Fee(s) may change at anytime without prior notification.
15.2. We reserve the right to remove the coin at anytime without a refund or a prior notice.
15.3. Should we feel your product(s) and/or any of its subsidiaries do not fit our standards, we then reserve the right to deny any applicant without any notice.